Why is decommissioning legacy application data so important? Because once you have data it’s hard to justify its destruction. With a system that is rarely used, keeping legacy data alive comes at a cost, not only in terms of maintaining hardware and software, but also in terms of knowledge workers who retain the know how and specifics of using the system.
• When an application is being replaced – by a new application or an upgrade.
• A hardware or application no longer has support
• When a OS vendor obsoletes a platform or chip-set
• When an operating system has reached the end its usable life-cycle
• When a company has a change in status – M&A, insolvency, etc. and the application will no longer be used
This webinar is intended for those interested in learning “where to begin” a decommissioning project from a subject matter expert.